Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A Thousand Miles


I managed to finish the freelance project on time. Phew! Talk about rushing with deadlines.

To be honest, I was quite happy when my supervisor asked me what I was planning to do in summer. I simply said that I would love to work for a designer full-time during summer, and would love to do it in Australia so that I can avoid the summer heatwaves, but there has been no definite offers made from down under as of yesterday. I would love to be offered a full-time summer placement with L&F, but working at Maticevski would be the dream summer job... at least for this year.

The question now is, why Maticevski?

It all began on a sunny spring morning, four years back. I was on my way to uni, and the industry down under was abuzz with a new designer's reputedly unwearable dresses (even J-Lo's daringly plunging Versace dress was put to shame.) Now please bear in mind that I read the catwalk reports in my old uni days, and I disliked him for making things that were deemed unwearable. However, something happened. As I was walking out of Flinders Street station that fateful day, I looked up and saw on a billboard something I instantly recognised. It was the skirt I knew I would one day own... although I decided that I shouldn't, for my own financial health, buy it at full retail price. Three years and two near-misses later, I managed to get my hands on it.

The fact that he was one of the three Australians interviewed for a certain internationally acclaimed fashion reference book didn't help subdue my interests in finding out how a guy who could flatly refuse a permanent placement in Donna Karan for whatever reason he gave. So how the hell does he think anyway?? o__O;>

Just like KY is a confessed sucker for Gucci and my sister for Alannah Hill, so I am sold to Maticevski. It's a bit like deciding which law firm you'd love to work for, after all ^__^

By the way, after months of hunting high and low for the above-mentioned designer's Melbourne address, I think I may have found it. Fingers crossed as I'm giving it a good try - I'd love to work for him! :D

Also, I had a haircut today. It was so refreshing and I subsequently had a narcissistic bout, so I just had to take lots of pictures of myself! ^^; I've posted the relevant pictures on flickr, if you're interested to have a look at them.

Take care and have a good day!

Making my way downtown
Walking fast
Faces passed
And I'm home bound

Staring blankly ahead
Just making my way
Making my way
Through the crowd

And I need you
And I miss you
And now I wonder....

If I could fall
Into the sky
Do you think time
Would pass me by
'Cause you know I'd walk
A thousand miles
If I could
Just see you
Tonight

No comments: