Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Don't Worry, Be Happy


Alright, as promised, here's Jarvis' picture. He happened to wear a suit (and be surrounded by rather photogenic colleagues) today:

Alright, now back to the post. The day started okay, with the exception that I left my magnetic tap card at home. This means taking the long way out of the building. It's usually used to record start and end of workday, but since I'm still on one of those insert-me-into-the-clock printout cards, I'm kinda okay.

Secondly, the song Gaudeamus Igitur (what kind of university graduate hasn't heard this song?) somebody sang a couple of days ago. Let's go back to last Friday, when my next-cubicle friend Gogo left. He, along with another AAB 'graduate', sang Garda Oto's punchline Don't Worry, Be Happy in a couple of melodies, one being Gaudeamus Igitur. Now, this song interestingly originated as a students' drinking song. I had a look on the lyrics and found this funny English-equivalent translation of the verses. Uni life a couple of centuries back did not seem much different from what I went through.

(Well, these may be justifications of Dis-O Week's mud wrestling...)

Anyway, back to work. I've got ten reports and two diagrams to finish by tomorrow. Take care!

No comments: