Monday, August 01, 2005

Home


Got an email from Unimelb today. It was on the topic of volunteering for Discovery Day. Time does really fly... missing the volunteering days already. Uni life is really one of the best experiences in life (as of today, that is.) This opinion may change in the future 6.^;

Actually, I miss the "volunteer's pay", too...

I've got a floor mate by the name of 'Jarvis'. Luckily, he's one of the people who do not hesitate to hold a conversation in English. It turned out that he spent a substantial amount of time in Atlanta, where there is a sizable gay community. Gay or not, he dresses well for the standards of AAB. (I'll make sure I bring a camera tomorrow.) Hehehe... I like guys in suits. I think guys look better in suits. And just for your curiosity, about 70% of guys think they look better in a suit rather than in a swimming suit. 60% commit to the family-man/power-achiever debate, while only 40% readily commit into the metrosexual/retrosexual debate. This is a sign that the typical macho Malboro Man is near extinction nowadays. Guys, this also means that it is socially acceptable to look after yourselves!! Although I do think [at all times] that it is normal for normal guys to look after themselves. I'm yet to see a guy who enjoys pedicure (other than my dad), but I've known at least two guys who are passionate about cooking ^.^

Last weekend I went to Kelapa Gading with my mum. We were afraid of going through another round of food poisoning, so we ate before leaving home (we ended up with a martabak, anyway.) I was also approached by a weird/geeky-looking guy who was [probably] intent at starting a conversation, so I tried to be polite, exchanged my name and... dashed away. So much for purchasing a martabak.

There's also this new type of martabak called tipker. It's similar to crepes; it was thin (instead of spongy) and has the ubiquitous 'martabak crust' around its edges. I'm gonna try it the next time I get a martabak craving ^^; Plus, it's cheaper and more manageable to finish off when one is alone. I was also surprised the pricing is now determined by the type of butter one chooses to use: either the standard Blueband brand or the fancy Wyjsman brand. Being the glutton, I went for Wyjsman.

I also bought books that day; finished reading them yesterday. The first one was "Deception Point". There's been enough talks and reviews on this book so I'm not going to add anything further than: it's an absorbing book to read. The other one was "The Fifth Mountain" by Paulo Coelho. It was not as engaging, but the character development was more complex and realistic in this book. The story is something any person can relate to. Go read it! I can confidently give my word that you will get a worthwhile lesson on life from this book.

Anyway, other than the song lyrics, you better read "The Fifth Mountain". Take care!

Maybe surrounded by
a million people I
still feel all alone
just wanna go home
Oh I miss you, you know

I've been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two
"I'm fine, baby, how are you?"
I would send them but I know that it's just not enough
My words were cold and flat
and you deserve more than that

Another aeroplane
another sunny place
I'm lucky I know
But I wanna go home
Mmm, I've got to go home

No comments: