Sunday, January 30, 2005

Lover of My Soul


The past few days have been quite hectic.

After all, Deakin is such a nice campus. It was surprising to see people in position who have a genuine willingness to help you out! I also managed to get my student ID, which was beautifully done (Melbourne Uni will probably never beat it.) Unfortunately, as I was an off-campus student, it makes me ineligible to claim concessions for public transport - doh! What makes it more tragic is because this year is the first year tertiary concession cards are priced at $8 each.

The only problem I had with the younger mature-age entry students are that they drink. A LOT. And they did this exercise in a rowdy way, too...

In the past few days, I am learning firsthand that (1) human life is fragile, and (2) we have no control over how we end our days. Just as an off-side, suicide attempts can still go 'unaccomplished'. It is easy for one to say he/she will commit his/her life to how God plans it to be, but hard to carry the commitment out. Mind-boggling is the task believing in God, as it cannot be explained by a rational mind. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut and wait.

Really, really want to paint and etch.

I love You, I need You
Though my world may fall, I'll never let You go
My Saviour, My closest Friend
I will worship You until the very end.

No comments: