Monday, November 08, 2004

In Christ Alone


::switching off my English::

ALAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!!!!!!!!!!!

::switching on my English::

(sorry, couldn't quite work out how it should be translated.)

Exam was really, really hard. Or so I think. My acquaintances, who sat around me in the exam hall, said that it was hard too. Hopefully this signifies a good chance of an upwards normalisation. And out I went to the trailers to pick up my bag, then I met DD. Here is an excerpt of the conversation:

aChar: (trying not to feel awful) What do you think?
DD: (looking slightly tired) So how did you go?
aChar: That was hard! It's so different from the sample exam paper... I did badly. How did you go?
DD: (showing a bit of relief) It was good, it was good...
aChar: Huh? You think so?
DD: It was OK lo...

DD's dialogue roughly translates to... 'I did well back then'. If he says 'it was challenging', then it means he did OK. If he says 'it was OK', that means he did well. If I usually said I did OK when he said it was challenging/hard, and he ends up getting better marks, this indirectly spells doom...

........................................................

Eep, I better not think of it. Better think of resuming Tax Law. Better start resuming Tax Law! Alright, after I post this, okay?

If I somehow manage to get a good mark for Investments, trust me, it's God's doing. Not mine. I did some studying, read the readings, read the notes and tried to do the sample exam. In the exam room I was stupefied. So if I get a good mark for Investments, please remind me it's not my doing and it's simply by grace. It will be a miracle.

Walking in Christ is hard; who says it's easy stuff? So why exactly do I keep doing so? I have no one else to lean on to. He's my only absolute hope. Other things become of secondary urgency - I surely do not recall anything about my satin ribbon in the exam hall! ^^

Alright, time to study.

In Christ alone I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the Cross
In every victory let it be said of me
My source of strength, my source of hope
In Christ alone

2 comments:

jexebel said...

Tea, tea is good for studying.

mukuge said...

Thank you ^^ sencha with roasted rice is caffeine-free.