Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Rabbits


The ability to present a stale issue in fresh ways is amazing.

I came across this illustrator's recently released book in Borders. To put it simply, it's one of the most awe-inspiring picture books I have ever come across. The quality of artworks he produces easily puts me to shame, too, as he's got such a meticulous way of working to back up great research.

When it comes to The Rabbits (which turned out to be CBCA's Picture Book of the Year in 1999) I can't stop picking up minute nuances on the artworks even after going through them many times. Spending £4.99 on what turned out to be a treasure is not regrettable.

On a subdued note, the books reivigorate me and inspire me to do more imaginative works and stop trying to design for a specific market. I need to practise how to approach a stale subject matter in different perspectives. I guess that's why I still have a long way to go.

Have a good day! ^__^

No comments: