Thursday, April 12, 2007

The God Debate


Without doubt, the debate of faith is already securing a large preoccupation in today's society.

I just find this article interesting to read and digest. It's one of those articles where two people compare their different perspectives on life in a clear, intellectually engaging and friendly manner... a manner which, in my opinion, makes all the difference between being educational versus downright patronizing.

There are times when I feel justice has not been done in this world, but then the thought of one day everything will be settled once and for all is appealing to me. There are times when I'm being shunned and/or avoided by pretty much everyone, but love and goodness keep me going. There are times I wished there is nothing bitter to life, but bitterness is there to highlight the sweetness of life. I'm still lacking understanding in many areas, but I guess that is what life is for... to find out answers about yourself and those around you.

My favourite lines of all are these:

We're both betting. He's betting his life that he's right. I'm betting my life that Jesus was not a liar. When we die, if he's right, I've lost nothing. If I'm right, he's lost everything.
I'm not willing to make that gamble.

Enjoy the read! (And yes, comments are welcome as always ^__^)

-edited 24/04- the link to the article still works, but you might be barred by your network admin from visiting ninemsn sites... (that was the case I had with hotmail back in high school)

3 comments:

BETO said...

i read half of the article while waiting for my lawyer and thanks to ur blog i finished reading it.

Sabbathtruth.com

Unknown said...

"We're both betting. He's betting his life that he's right. I'm betting my life that Jesus was not a liar. When we die, if he's right, I've lost nothing. If I'm right, he's lost everything.
I'm not willing to make that gamble."

So an important part of his belief is that he is afraid of going to hell and not going to heaven (or something to that effect?).

By that logic, I just have to create a religion that has a/better/ heaven and /worse/ hell than any other religion at the moment and I've got followers...

Bizarre...

g string addict said...

uh, i cant access the article :(