Thursday, February 16, 2006

More To Life


Well, well, well.

Three things on hand till the end of March: two work-related projects and a portfolio to finish. It might be an impossible show to run, but we never know. When they are done, I'm off to Melbourne: the one reward I really want.

Some of my workmates actually won this constant achiever programme at the office... and the prize is a trip to Australia!! [First reaction: wanna wanna wanna come along as a... tour guide :p] To Sydney and Gold Coast!! [Final reaction: eeeeurgh, hot and sticky places, stay away!!] Can't get them to bring me some canvases to Melbourne (and my sketchbooks here) and can't get them to get me Koko Black, but Jols should be fine ^^ anyway, within less than two months I'm off to Melbourne.

I do want to win competitions and challenges. It's not for the money, but it's for the recognition. About two weeks ago I had a small speech inside this O-Box thingy in e(X). It ranged from the smelly socks I wore to an earlier bowling session, the inflation and consequent pay rises, and my new job placement. Guess what... the edited clip was aired, and now I stand a chance of winning a W900 mobile phone. Fingers crossed ^.^ yay! If my dad wants to use a Sony Ericsson, he can have a pick between the two. If he wants to use a Nokia, I'll probably sell my old one and get him something decent... something with a colour screen, an okay camera and Bluetooth connection. I think it's about time he uses a Bluetooth headset, before he mistakes mine as an earring yet again (sorry Dad, just found it to be very very amusing :D)

I really appreciate my friends' encouragements, especially Gincu for the SMS and DD for the email. Thank you for putting a smile in my day ^.^ Aah, how I miss Melbourne so much.

(Gambatte Marsha, it's not too far away! Go go go Marsha! ^o^)

Oh, and I get a new buddy for car-pooling. Which is good... a lower aggregate fuel consumption level is good.

Looking forward to Sunday. Will be meeting DJ and Mikey. Eileen seems to like 'om Alex' really much she gets to mash up his laptop's keyboards ^.^ that was so sweet... Ichad and I actually joked that it'd take at least four more years before that kind of scene would happen between Alex and his own daughter. Awwwww.

Enough talk; time to go to bed, everyone. Take care :))

I'm always waiting on something other than this
Why am I feelin' like there's something I missed...

There's gotta be more to life
Than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me
'Cause there more that I'm...
Tripping out thinking there must be more to life
Well it's life, but I'm sure
There's gotta be more to life

No comments: