Saturday, August 20, 2005

Mirror Mirror


Just got back from the review meeting away in Puncak. I feel like I was one of the last persons on earth realising the effects of global warming, uncontrolled logging and excessive development in the area. The place was nice and breezy early in the morning and at night, but it was damn hot during the day. So much for the 'resort area' tag. The other funny thing about the meeting was that most of the twenty-six branch heads I came across were just as mischievous as my supervisor (who is just as mischievous, if not more, than me.)

Whew... I'm kinda washed out... for the two days I was there, it was about reviewing various aspects of branch performance. I also had to memorize the face of all branch heads and what branch each of them manages. It started out okay on Day 1... until most of them took a late afternoon shower and changed their clothes. Then I forgot everything >.<

(Marsha, Marsha, remembering only the clothes and not the faces...)

Well, I remember all about the female ones, but didn't quite get to the male ones. Some of these guys' face, who happened to converse with me thoroughly and/or have peculiar coiffure/facial features, still stick in my mind though. Tee hee :p Do I have pictures? Not really. I got this rather ugly-looking shot when everybody were 'locked up' inside the meeting room, but I can't be bothered uploading it. Heh heh heh.

On the other hand, I really want to see pictures from the ICM foodstall celebration. Send it to me, please! It would be even better if you can send it to my office email address... you can ask Ponky or Adhi/malps or anyone else who has it...

I ended up not going to the flag-raising ceremony on Wednesday. The bed proved to be a viable (and highly attractive) alternative on how to spend a non-working day. I then went out with my parents, my mum's siblings and their respective spouse for lunch. I also spent the day reading a book by Paul Coelho, the writer of The Fifth Mountain. The title of the book I read was By The River Piedra I Sat Down And Wept, which is about a woman in a limbo-like situation. Enough spoilers here, period. I would still like to buy some more of his books though, most likely The Alchemist when my next pay comes ka-ching in.

The last hilarious thing that happened to me during the course of my two-day week was probably... getting a namecard. No, wait a sec. Namecards are normal items. Okay, back to the review meeting in Puncak then. There was this catchphrase/sfx a BoD member made, imitating sfx from some cartoon movies when things went dumbly awry. It was a gawk-wawk-wawk-wawk sound... I don't know if you guys know what I'm talking about. Anyways. I managed to utter a very good imitation of it (or so they thought) it was recorded on one of the department head's mobile phone, and practically passed around to other department/division/branch heads. The next morning I came into the review summary session, the sound that greeted me before I put my bum on the chair was my own gawk-wawk-wawk-wawk from across the room.

Despite all those, I still feel gloomy and dumb from doing some things that are obviously stupid. They aren't related to the meetings in Puncak at all, but still, it's a pretty disheartening thing. Hopefully I'm not getting pessimistic or deeply stressed over it, though.

Tomorrow/today is Sunday... and it's my last chance to catch up on sleep this week. Take care, congratulations to all who made the foodstall celebration happened (miss y'all!), I need to save up for my air tickets next year, and more importantly... I need to find a job over there pronto! ^.^; Or so I thought it would be best for me, for now. Take care :)

Why don't I like the girl I see
The one who's standing right on front of me
Why don't I think before I speak
I should have listened to that voice inside of me
I must be stupid, must be crazy, must be out of my mind
to say the kind of things I said last night

Mirror mirror hanging on the wall
You don't have to tell me who's the biggest fool of all
Mirror mirror I wish you could lie to me
and bring my baby back, bring my baby back to me

No comments: