Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Leaving on a Jet Plane


Bad things happen. A lot.

Firstly, it's losing some tangibility over sentimental memory. I'm not sure whether I'd get it back at all. Secondly, I kinda lost a lot of my ringtones and accumulated mobile phone reasonably-important junk. Heh. Oh well. At least it gives me a reason to get a new handset :p

It feels like I'm in some sort of thick melancholic cloud lately; sometimes I just want to stop and enjoy the sun. And the wind. Actually, Melbourne Uni doesn't look that bad on a warm summer day. The maple and oak leaves are somewhat inviting to lie under on a lazy afternoon. Then a good literature book or a classical novel on my face... the smell of paper... dozing off... the smell of grass next to my cheeks... and being blanketed by the warmth of the sun.

It could still get better than this, but that was good enough for a start.

There was one and a half jar of nastar fillings in the fridge; it basically consists of fresh pineapple chunks boiled down to a mash/spread consistency in thin sugar syrup. My auntie usually brings bottles of them and makes nastar whenever she's here, but it looks like late last year she didn't do it. Anyway, it's good. I'm glad she brought it with her. I've been digging into the jars for the past couple of days and finished the half-filled one.

About the uni acceptance, I'll take it on this year. I will also do art courses along the way as this is what I really want to do ever since I was little. Even though I tried to ignore what my blood calls me to do, it worked to no avail. Besides, it's like killing a part of yourself - your talent. I really can't hold it back or else I'll go nuts. Well, this kinda makes it clear that the corporate world is very unlikely to be one I will be content to stay in.

About the art courses, I'm thinking of doing textile design. Why textile design when you have the eye to do fashion design? Well, in my opinion a fashion designer needs to know this three things to produce good clothes: how to draw/illustrate, the characteristics of fabrics used, and pattern-making. The first one is pretty much under my hand although it would be good to take a refresher course (my hand is going 'mouldy'.) Pattern-making can be done through CAD, and further fine-tuned by checking it manually. On the other hand, fabrics is like the kind of paints a painter has in her repertoire. If she has a complete range, she can do heaps. If she has a limited range, her options are limited. Well, even though one has a complete range, there are still limitations. The fun begins at breaking those technical limitations, as well as interpreting events that happen in our lives into the designs.

Art, above all, is about how well you can symbolise your experiences into various medias. The characteristic 'pleasant to look at' is certainly not ranked at number one.

This year I need to be more courageous in making decisions.

(And also, relating to the piggy bank, need to save more.)

Found myself thinking and wishful-thinking over times that have gone past. Stupid girl, those times will never come back. If I keep mourning (to put it bluntly) over one thing out of ten that has been lost, then I will lose the chance to seize the other nine. For now let's hope I can score a part-time apprenticeship at Vixen, and at the same time quit working as a salesperson.

Oh well, time to do my case studies. They are lining up >.< better finish them up real soon. Take care, and make your decisions well.

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time, let me kiss you
Then close your eyes and I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to live alone
About the time, that I won't have to say...

Oh, kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go.

No comments: