Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Street: the Nylon Book of Global Style


I came across this book at a museum today.

It reminds me of a less extreme, more global version of Fruits. It makes me want to hop to Copenhagen, Berlin and Tokyo (the cities I haven't been to... twice.) It makes me want to go to a Denim exhibition in Paris (yes, yes...) It makes me happy to read that London was listed first in this book - even before Paris! It also makes me want to come to Melbourne again. To be hand-picked and listed as one of the world's more creative fashion cities is no small feat for a provincial city of four million. The city changed my attitude towards fashion. And no, we don't need an Opera House in our little backyard to do the job.

I guess that's one reason why I love Melbourne so much ^__^

No comments: