Sunday, August 12, 2007

(52 weeks)


Last week at church, a young lady asked me how long it had been since I moved to London. I said it had been 51 weeks... and this Sunday it's been 52 weeks.

It's been a year since I moved to London.

Last year my mother was fretting about immigration at Heathrow. Last year my dad was nervous when he found out we were to land at Gatwick instead of Heathrow. Last year I was worried about checking in with 78 kilograms of luggage under two tickets.

Tomorrow I am going to *that* optional English language class again. Nominally, things look like they were like last year. They are different, though. I would not see the faces I saw last year, and there would be questions raised as for why I decided to re-attend lessons I don't exactly need in the first place. I might see Kevin again, or even be re-assigned to his class (would I be a recurring nightmare to him? Better not.) I'll just keep what happened last year to myself and let this year's class create its own memories.

Probably this is what repeating a year at school would feel like. Oh well, we'll see tomorrow. Take care :))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jadi kapan balik ke indonesia

Katherine said...

So...why ARE you going to English classes you don't exactly need? Just curious. : )

mukuge said...

@ayahshiva: akhir tahun ini...? :D

@katherine: just to make friends with other students :)) (curiosity answered :p)

Anonymous said...

wah sudah sedemikian lama ya.. waktu memang berjalan begitu cepat sehingga tak terasa