Thursday, November 03, 2005

Carnival


Second blog entry during this holiday. Oooh, life is beautiful.

I went to see DD and had a chocolate with him at MB. The strawberry-topped, chocolate-drizzled waffle was good... ::drool drool:: but nothing beats my Flinders St station waffle guy. At only two bucks plus one dollar of extras apiece (pure maple syrup, fruits, cream, nutella etc), nothing beats this guy's waffles. Belgians sure rock the world with their waffles and chocolates.

Secondly, I had a haircut at the usual place with my beloved David. His hair is just so spunky! It's weird and unusual and not classically refined, but I have to admit that his hair is aesthetically balanced (read: looks plain good.) The more I see him, the more I don't understand how he styles his hair. Anyway, I delegated quite a lot on the choice of hairstyles, and I was curious enough to ask for a 'styling variation of this cut', so I walked out with this on my head:


Okay, it's not exactly what I imagined. It's not a wig, and it's an extra 15-minute treat from David and his assistant. Side effects: I look like some star coming into life straight out of a magazine. Conclusion on haircut: amazed and happy. Expense on haircut: not too happy (now already looking for GHDs.)

Note to MasterCard marketing team: grab a copy of the Melbourne Cup race and watch this guy waving around a MasterCard-lookalike cardboard filled with what he thinks of the race. It goes like this...
Suits: $400
Ticket: $400
Watch Makybe Diva wins the Cup the third time: Priceless
Hey, maybe someone can simply hire this guy for marketing, he's got a witty mind.

I'm looking forward to dance tomorrow; thanks heaps to everybody who help make it happen!

Still concentrating to colour the sketches as they need to be submitted/sent off in a week's time. Life's interesting when there is zest in yours. I believe zest in life is what makes people passionate about themselves and others, and that makes the world goes round. End of philosophical nibbles of thought for now, take care and have a great night!

Carnival came by my town today
Bright lights from giant wheel fall on the alleyways
And I'm here, by my door
waiting for you

I will never know 'cause you will never show
Come on and love me now
Come on and love me now
I will never know 'cause you will never show
Come on and love me now
Come on and love me now
Come on and love me now

I hear sounds of lovers, barrel organs, mothers
I would like to take you down there
just to make you mine
in a merry-go-round

I will never know 'cause you will never show
Come on and love me now
Come on and love me now

No comments: